Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my GT is brand new, had it for about a month and a half now:laughlitt Ive never really done a burnout. Although all my friends have and they dont have no 300 hp car. LOl i dunno maybe im just smarter then them hahahah. I no hard to believe at 16 lol. Well i was just wondering if doing burnouts are bad for the car at all? Other than ruining the tires hahah thanx guys:winks

·
Registered
324 Posts
if your brake torqueing it then of course your brakes. Plus that's a lot of strain on the rest of your drivetrain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How did you get this and be 16 at the same time?

yeah....drivetrain and tires and things, plus your engine might get hotter since their wont be much airflow over it

·
Registered
829 Posts
You can do it all day long without harm I say. Rev limiter will keep the valves from floating, if it gets hot the cylinders will shut down on random turns and pump air to help cool the block...after all a burnout is "up to speed" and then back down for another one.. I suppose the danger is the law, the harm you may cause to others, the price of gas, tires, etc. Drive well and enjoy safely. Burnouts have been done since the invention of the wheel.

G

·
16? 16 and got a 2005 mustang? yours or your daddys....any parent that would buy this car for a 16yr old is an irresponsible...sheeeeeesh

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the DVD I have from the dealer as well as the brochure, stated in there how to disable the traction control so you can "really light them up". :eyepoppin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts