Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the right forum for this. I bought this 2000 Mustang recently with some damage to the bumper. I'm looking to order replacement parts and was wondering what a good website would be to look for them. I attached pics of the damage. So, I'm asking..

-A good site for the parts.
-Exactly what parts I will need.
-An estimated cost on the labor, if I have it done in a shop.

As you can tell, I don't know much about car repair, so thanks a lot for any help. Later.

mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well if your going to try and fix it yourself you might have your work cut out for ya:eyepoppin the rear bumper is cake, that will just bolt right in there. You can probably find a replacement for 150-200 that isn't made by ford but will have a good fit. We use keystone at our shop mostly and never have any fitment troubles. Heres one for $180 still under half of fords prices I bet.

The lights can be found online heres one I found for 44.00 dollars, Here

Ebay and junkyards can be good places to scavenge parts also, however you will find they want close to what these above are going for.

Now for that quater panel that will be the tricky part, it looks like you could massage the metal back into place and put a skim coat of plastic filler (aka bondo) If the bodyshop does it they will probaby just cut out the spot welds on that quarter panel and replace it, as it would be faster/cheaper than spending time straighting it... as far as prices, it really depends on the area where you live, getting it done in LA will be allot more than doing it in a small town. to give you an example, the shop I work in charged 300 to fix a few deep scratched in a minivan bumper, painted prob 1/8 of it and blended the clear in. I would imagine you will be paying around 1000 in labor to fix that, mainly because of the quarter panel, plus parts/materials maybey around $2000-2500 total, but that will really vary. You can get a maco like job that 70% of the people wont be able to tell the difference for prob. 1000 or you can spend allitle more and repair it so no one but you can tell its repaired.

If I where to do it myself at home I could get away with 75-100 for materials and 224 for the parts listed above, but there would be alllooota work to keep ya busy.

Hope this helps ya some let me know if ya have any more questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also wrecked my stang

I was wanting some advise with repairing the front end that is twisted. Is it possible or is it a waste of time and should i just replace it. Also where can I find some vented front quarter panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
First of all the first car you posted needs a quarter panel. You could not fix that it would be a complete waste of time. Its buckeled all the way up to the middle of the wheel opening. It is a replacement only. Also I almost garentee that the rear mounting panel will need some light pulls on a frame rack. As far as the white car its in a junk yard for a reason. The reason is the repairs would cost more than 75% of the vehicles value. The front end is swung to the passenger side. You will definetly need to pull the upper rails and I am positive the lower rails are over and back some. Look at the hood to fender gap. The rails are over from the cowl forward. You should post some side pictures. You never know that car may have went through a ditch and need substancial underbody repairs. It definetly need a ton of frame time hood, core support, fenders, bumper cover, header panel, all lights. It needs a lot of work. Even for an experienced body man. I do this for a living and trust me you don't wanna take on that kind of work. Unless you have enough cash to sublet everything other than hanging the sheet metal. In the end your going to pay a shop to straighten and repair and refinish everything. Its not worth it for someone who isnt a bodyman. A person like myself now thats another story. When the labor is free it makes it worth it. Just my .02.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my car

Thanks for replying Teeto's5.0. The reason the car is in a junk yard is because I put it into a ditch and I dont want to get rid of it. I get it out tomorrow (Dec 6th) and I will be able to look over all the damage when I can get under it. Both the pics are of the same car. I was just looking for a place to purchase the parts and where to start with the restoration. Once I get it back I will take some more pics and post them as well.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_393209", true); </SCRIPT>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh yea I didnt see it was buckled all the way to the middle of the wheel well!:eyebulge: ... yea that would be a big headach to try and fix that....bust out the spotweld bit!

First of all the first car you posted needs a quarter panel. You could not fix that it would be a complete waste of time. Its buckeled all the way up to the middle of the wheel opening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.