Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
A friend of mine has to sell her '82 5.0 T-Top. I know they're rare, like the look, and have been thinking about picking up a project car.

It runs fine (we hit 80ish on a back dirt road today, hehe) and has $700+ in parts put in recently.

Problems are the usual for a car this age and 130k miles. Half dozen rust spots, needs new fuel lines, rough starter, interior needs work, etc, etc. Like I said, project car, take a few years of fun to make her gleam. The major problem however is the foot by foot hole under the carpet of the driver's side.

Engine work or interior I can handle, its putting pieces of a puzzle together. Body work tho, I have no clue even if I had the tools. Anybody know how much it would run me or if it's even worth it considering the amount of other work that needs doing? $1500 is the price (or $700 + a 96 Corsica I have sitting around).

Thanks a ton for any feedback! :headscratch:

Here's a link to what the car COULD be with work! It looks exactly like this, color and all, minus the sexy shinyness ;-P

Showdown Muscle Cars - Metro Detroit's leading Muscle Car Dealer

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i'd go for the $700+trade, i have an '83 T-Top and they're really fun cars. the floor pan is easy to find and the engine on the older carb'd car is easy to work on. body could be hard to get into nice shape, but when it's all restored, you're gonna have a cruising car that you'll just love to death.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I say go for it. Why not?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.