Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first 5.0, choosing between two and have found out that I really dont know enough about 5.0 perfomance mods to make a good decision. Wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

1st 1993
rebuilt 5.0 with e7 heads,lunati cam, roller rockers, motorsport tall valve covers, deamon carb, long tube headers, mac full exhaust with H pipe.
Mallory hi fire ignition, 3:55 gears, 5 lug conversion 4 wheel disc brakes, nice interior, saleen rear wing 5 lug chrome cobra r wheels

2nd 1989
95 spindles and brand new calipers and turned rotors up front,new shoes with turned drums in the rear,it has eibach performance suspension, it has been converted to 5 lug with 17inch bullit wheels. It has a pro5.0 power tower short throw shifter with a b&m t handle, it has an msd6AL ignition box with a new msd cap and new msd blaster coil and new msd 8.5 mm wires with new spark plugs. All the factory speakers have been replaced with kicker speakers, with a clarion head unit.It has a new clutch, new clutch cable, new electric fans, a new set of 3.73 gears on a new positive traction unit, i just recently pulled the motor cleaned and painted everything flat black and cast blasted the heads and engine block, it has a new oil pump all the gaskets and seals have been replaced, it has an E303 camshaft, edelbrock performer upper and lower intake with phenolic spacer, it has a 70mm bbk/edelbrock throttle body and egr plate, amd an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, i have a set of 24# injectors to go with it along with a saleen wing and over the axle tail pipes.

Any help is greatly appreciated, looking to pick one this friday

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome to the group. I can't give you any information on your 5.0 purchase, but am sure someone here will be able to help you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They both sound good i like the fact the 93 has rear disc over the 89 having drum it sounds like the 89 has more mods to it, depending on if the 93 had any work done during the rebuild (bored stroked etc) have you looked at either car in person yet checked for rust body damage or previous repairs and whats the cost on each ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent looked at them yet looking to do that this weekend. The 93 is 2500 and needs a few basic things done to finish it (hook up fuel line to carb, put in starter, and hook up distrbutor all parts come with it). the 89 is 3600 and doesnt need anything. The big diffrence is the 93 is a carb and it looks to me like the 89 may be fuel injected.

·
Registered
136 Posts
id go with the 93 esp for that price u already have a running driving car u can test drive and drive home just check the front torque boxes for rust and go over it sounds like a better deal to me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts