Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on how much this car is worth? 1995 5.0 5 spd. mustang converted from a V6 to a V8. The motor, tranny, computer, suspension all changed. Passed emissions test. The body is clean and has 123k and the V8 motor and tranny have 70k. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What about brakes? (are they the same on V6 as GT?)

Anyway, blue book for GT's and going prices is around $4k to $6k. I just got my '94 GT 5 speed with 123k miles and 18x9 Cobra's, flowmasters, pulley's, alu driveshaft and white face guages with Mach460 CD and big amp for a straight across trade for my '95 Honda Civic 2 months ago. I wouldn't pay more than $5000 for that. Any mods on it? Sounds like a nice car, low miles (relatively speaking) on the motor and stuff. What's he/she asking for it?
hechtrod out

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is relatively stock. It has a K&N air filter and a flow master exhaust. The brakes will need to be changed. The car is being sold for $4250 obo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd offer $4000, but I haven't seen it or driven it. Have you taken it out for a drive? Who did the work?

hechtrodo ut

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car drives well looks good and sounds really good. He dropped the price because the windshield is cracked and the oil pan needs replaced.

·
0 Posts
If you need a daily driver i think i would look else where? Reliability? I know that when you change that much on a car things have a tendency to go wrong. I would save a lil more money and get something that sounds a little more secure. I paid 6k for my 95 5.0 drop top with underdrive pulleys,headers,mac muffler with X-pipe, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, MSD ignition, shaved,ported,pollished heads,PPP throttle body, 2000 gt wheels inside 245r17 on front and 275r17's on back, with 111,500 when i bought it. But i must mention i bought it from one of my friends.

·
Registered
104 Posts
coop said:
I need advice on how much this car is worth? 1995 5.0 5 spd. mustang converted from a V6 to a V8. The motor, tranny, computer, suspension all changed. Passed emissions test. The body is clean and has 123k and the V8 motor and tranny have 70k. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
4 is a good price

·
0 Posts
Depending on condition I think 4k is a good price too. But like someone said when that many different things on a car are changed you're much more likely to have problems with it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
With any used car that you purchase there are always going to be something wrong with it, that's just standard across the board.

As far as price? See if you can haggle him down. Bring a buddy with you (that knows cars) to point out things about it [Play Good Cop/Bad Cop]. Bring cash, too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.