Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weel, I have come to my senses and finally gave in to the fact that my 83GT will never drive again. Chances of the suspension failing... the body rusting away, and so forth.. would just be a waste of time and money:weeps. So I have finally decided on buying a new-er one. There are a few I have in mind, however: From 1986-1995, which would be the better year in comparison to the rest for buying a mustang? Should I stick with the Fox-body or go to the SN-95 body? I would prefer a fox body, of course. But for modding and so forth, what years/body style would be best?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The year you want is up to you. The SN95 style does have a better ride and a stiffer chassis but is heavier. Plus, you want a Fox body, so I'd say go with that. If you don't want an air bag, go with 1989 and older. Mass air for future mods, go with 1989. It all depends on what you want out of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard so much about the '89 that its really grabbing my attention. About a year ago, I test drove an 89 LX 5.0. At the time, the girl I was with had an 88 GT, and just driving the 89 off the lot, I knew it would handle a little better. The biggest problem I had with that car tho, it was at a used car lot. The mechanic could hardly speak any english and I feel I was pushed a little to hard to drop my signature. The rear hatch lock didnt work, and the guy was asking way too much for the car. Granted it didn't have any problems as far as the engine, body, or interior. If I had bought that car, I would've felt ripped off. Currently I am looking at an 88GT, a 92 GT, and a 97 GT (eventhough its not 5.0, the price is unbeatable).

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Happy hunting for your new ride. Keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts