Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imput needed my daughter purchased a car 'AS IS' the day she brought it home it started to have little problems the head light would work every once in awhile,water getting into tail light every time it rained a blow out,then the back breaker she started to lose tranny fluid.my dad works at a tranny shop and said it would cost about $1,500 to fix she has only had the thing 20 days .my ? is does she have any options or recourse or just stuck with it:madas::madas:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
She might be stuck with it, different states have different laws when it comes to as is sales. You could check with the Consumer Affairs Division, in your state to find out what the laws state in an as is sale regarding automobile sales, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the lead i will give them a call in the morning:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
613 Posts
imput needed my daughter purchased a car 'AS IS' the day she brought it home it started to have little problems the head light would work every once in awhile,water getting into tail light every time it rained a blow out,then the back breaker she started to lose tranny fluid.my dad works at a tranny shop and said it would cost about $1,500 to fix she has only had the thing 20 days .my ? is does she have any options or recourse or just stuck with it:madas::madas:
As is means as is. I would say the only thing to do now would be to fix what it needs. If water is getting into the tail light it may be cracked, or may need to be sealed around the housing with silicone. Where on the transmission is the fluid leaking from?

·
Registered
98 Posts
As is means as is. I would say the only thing to do now would be to fix what it needs. If water is getting into the tail light it may be cracked, or may need to be sealed around the housing with silicone. Where on the transmission is the fluid leaking from?

Exactly, Even dealerships with 'as is' on the car don't have to do anything. You might have a lemon law in your state but I wouldent hold my breath :<

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
what make and model is it?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Exactly, Even dealerships with 'as is' on the car don't have to do anything. You might have a lemon law in your state but I wouldent hold my breath :<
I believe the lemon law only applies to new vehicles. In most cases theres nothing you can do because you bought it AS IS. THe judge will tell you you knew what you were buying and if you didnt you shouldve gotten someone who knew what the were doin to take a look. Sorry sir, happens to everyone with one thing or another.

My first car the I purchased was a '99 dodge 2500, I had it for 2 days took it back to the guy and demanded my money. He gave me my money minus 500 and re sold it. 2 wks later I saw a kid in my school had bought it and though he drove the greatest truck in the world. Until he realised the diff. slipped ALOT and make it rattle when cornering, the 4X4 was horrible due to the messed up drive train and the Diesel engin sounded like garbage when it was finally up to temp.

Thats my story.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i bought a car also "as is" no warranty, my clutch went out a week later and i took it back to the dealer and they took care of it... i was told i had 30 days after that im on my own....thats here in cali.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the lemon law is for new cars. some states have a lemon aid law which is for used cars, but you would have to prove that the dealer didn't disclose all the things wrong with the car and that he knew about it. Your better off just trying to repair the car or just privately selling.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Take it back and tell them to fix it or you will turn them in to the dealers association, more than likely they will fix it good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.