Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to buy an expensive item from Modular Depot in Ky. I live in PA. They want to charge me the KY 6% tax. I dont think I have ever been charged a state tax when I lived out of state. Am I wrong about this? The 6% tax will mean a difference on wether I purchase the item or not. Its alot of money and I am on a tight budget. Has anyone else had to pay this tax if you lived out of the state of KY.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I tried to buy a throttle body from them recently. There was no sales tax on my invoice.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Thats what I thought. I offered a price that was a promotional price a year ago and they gave it to me...I think they are trying to get the difference back somehow....Its just about the same 6%. I will have to speak with them this morning when they open.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Some states are cracking down on the freebee salestax from out of state. You do know you are supposed to claim that on your tax return right? :evillol:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea....Got to support this growing govenment... If they do this there should be a way to request your cash back...After all I am not a resident of their state.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
They can only charge sales tax if they also have a physical store in PA, and they don't.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEA Just got an email. They made a mistake and deducted the tax from the invoice. Now I can send them a big check to pay for my new TECHCO supercharger....CRAZO about TECHCO.....cant wait for this one to arrive....GA

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
YEA Just got an email. They made a mistake and deducted the tax from the invoice. Now I can send them a big check to pay for my new TECHCO supercharger....CRAZO about TECHCO.....cant wait for this one to arrive....GA
That would have amounted to a significant chunk of change!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wow!! Thats a nice piece man. Cant wait to see some pics, vids and hear some real world reviews from you.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys....I was going to try and purchase a GT500 but that was just a bit out of my range...I like the techco because it has a provision to cool the oil and also has a very cool charge. I will be using it during open track events and anything one can do to keep things cool is important. It should also be a bit lighter then some with all the billet they use. I also spoke with the guys at Modular Depot and they have run a customers car at Mid Ohio to set it up for the One Lap of America that he was going to run. They said there were no problems during this test.. This is my first experience with a power adder so I will try and document as much as possible. GA

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
techco because it has a provision to cool the oil
How are they doing that? I looked at the one Tillman installed and there is no oil cooling abilities on the car. And I looked at the parts before it was installed. :scratchchin

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I am going to install it myself. I have done a couple of KBs for friends so this should be pretty much the same. Looks like a really good kit. Start on a Friday night and hopefully be done by Sunday sometime. They say their canned tune is good but I am going to take it to a local dyno and have it checked just to be sure...Im looking for around 6 to 10 psi and around 420 to 450 hp. This SC should do this easy... There are two drain holes that are tapped on the oil tank portion of the housing. They said you can run lines to a cooler for sustained abuse. Not sure if I will need some kind of pump to circulate the oil. Maybe the gears turning in the housing will be enough to circulate the oil.. There is a video on YT by the chief engineer at Techco that explains the features. He mentioned this during the video. Here it is. http://techco.vidiac.com/video/652fa616-105d-4c22-a265-9bd900bdf550.htm

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
That interesting. I thought you were talking about engine oil. But cooling the blower drive oil, I would think its a good idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That interesting. I thought you were talking about engine oil. But cooling the blower drive oil, I would think its a good idea.
Hmm, interesting. I don't see any provisions to hook up an oil cooler on mine................................:headscratch:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They show the tapped holes on the video. Hopefully they did not remove them from newer models...Probably could drill and tap them myself if needed. Have to call and see if that can be done. Ga

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.