Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying new wheels for my 2010 V6 Mustang with the dimensions of 17x8 (bullitt). It's about an inch wider than the stock wheels which is 17x7. I was told that I need wheel spacers to avoid any contact with the car, but I've been looking around and found that spacers are terrible for your car. Is a spacer even needed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
If the new wheel has the proper offset and backspacing ... no

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm completely new and have no clue how to utilize these numbers, but here they are: Backspacing 5.72" (145mm) Offset: 1.18" (+30mm)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Where are you getting the wheels from? If from a reputable company they should be able to tell you if the wheels will fit properly on your car. I am getting some 18x8.5s on mine and no spacers needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
746 Posts
a reputable company they should be able to tell you if the wheels will fit
i agree,i have 20x9 on front and 20x10 on rear 2010 GT.
no spacers
but gt and v6 are same,wheel wise pretty much.
if your wheel place cant tell you,go some place else.
i got from american muscle,and they were great!
2762.jpg

2763t_1.jpg

·
Registered
882 Posts
i agree,i have 20x9 on front and 20x10 on rear 2010 GT.
no spacers
but gt and v6 are same,wheel wise pretty much.
if your wheel place cant tell you,go some place else.
i got from american muscle,and they were great!
View attachment 187769

View attachment 187777
Those wheels look real nice, I don't normally like big wheels but those still keep a classic look.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
IF you would need to move the wheels outward, I would use adapters, not spacers. Adapters bolt to your hubs & come with their own lugs. Spacers go between your wheels & the existing lugs leaving you with less lug length for your wheel to sit on & more stress for the lugs since they now support the wheel & the spacers. Some states won`t pass you for inspection with spacers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think all the spacers do is prevent you from turning all the way so in place of that just use a little self judgement and you'll be fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts