Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my c-4 is slipping and reving from shift point 5600 in to the rev limiter 6500 between 2-3

shifting between 1-2 is fine

so i figure i will pull it and have it rebuilt

i guess it will be cheaper to do it this way rather than buying one already built

im just wondering what would be a good rebuild kit my motor is probably pushing 400-475 hp

thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
That 2nd-3rd flare is usually caused by the piston on the side of the tranny, it operates the band engagement. It sounds like fluid is blowing by the seal that is on the piston. It is pretty easy to do your self in the car. If its not the prob your only out the price of the seal, which you shoud be able to het @ any tranny shop.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that might be worth checking into

which side of the tranny is the access panel to get to the seal

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its been a while, but which ever side it is you will see a round looking cylinder w/ either 3 or 4 bolts holding it to the tranny. the bolts make a square pattern if 4 bolts or triangle if 3 around a very recognizable circle that is 3-4" across. I had that same issue w/ a c--6 after a rebuild & apparently overlooked that piston a seal. On 1 side of the tranny you see the bolt & set nut to adjust the band & on the other side youll see the "circle" & bolts that hold the piston.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts