Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope this is not a repost. I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything that answered the question that I have.

Does a C-4 have a kick down on it? My 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 came with an AOD that I replaced with a C-4. It had a cable that hooked up on the throttle bracket. I can only guess that the cable is for kickdown purposes. I can't find anywhere on the trans that looks like the cable would fit.

I also need to know where the neutral safty switch is located. I tried to crank my car yesterday and it won't engage the starter. I can use a screwdriver to arc the solinoid and it will crank that way. This is the only thing I can think of that would cause it not to crank with the ignition.

Please help

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys. Does anybody know the answer to this? I had one guy tell me that the C-4 doesn't have a kickdown. He said it is controled by pressure in the tranny. I really need to know. :eyebulge: :kooky:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kick Down

Yes the C4 has a aluminum or steel rod machanical kickdown to the trannie. Your old AOD had a cable controled kickdown from the carb or fuel injection set up. Go to a trannie shop or even an AMCO They will have what you need. If not contact LoKar. Let them know which engine you have year, induction system year and trannie serial number and or year. Their techs can hook you up.

Jess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.