Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I need help bad! last friday night I went to the drag strip with my mustang and it has a c-4 tranny and raced it and won with the tranny working great.now a week later I went to the drag strip and went to do a burn out and had no 2nd gear! from last week to this week I never touch the car or even cranked it..I checked the fluid and it was full and checked all the linkage and it was good and so I pulled the pan down and it was fine,no metal in the bottom and the fluid smelled fine but Im lost.. if anyone has hadthis kind of wierd trouble please let me know or if you can help that would be greatly appreciated!!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Was this no-2nd-gear on the track or on the street?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:headscratch:this was on jack stands, in the water box, and going down the track,I tried everythig and every way oh but I did have 3rd,all I done was hit the shifter like you normally would and it would go into 3rd but would not pull at all in 2nd:headscratch::headscratch:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
:headscratch:this was on jack stands, in the water box, and going down the track,I tried everythig and every way oh but I did have 3rd,all I done was hit the shifter like you normally would and it would go into 3rd but would not pull at all in 2nd:headscratch::headscratch:
you may have a broken intermediate band or servo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys I pulled the valve body down and there it was...the (finger)that holds the intermediate band against the drum had came off.this makes since because the tranny had just been rebuilt about 75 passes ago..my tranny guy told me that it would have to be tightened after 20-50 passes down the dragstrip but simply forgot..I really appreciate the quick info that you guys came up with and I hope to be able to do the same for you guys in the future:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
hey guys I pulled the valve body down and there it was...the (finger)that holds the intermediate band against the drum had came off.this makes since because the tranny had just been rebuilt about 75 passes ago..my tranny guy told me that it would have to be tightened after 20-50 passes down the dragstrip but simply forgot..I really appreciate the quick info that you guys came up with and I hope to be able to do the same for you guys in the future:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
to set it back up torque the center threaded stud to 10 ft lbs. then back it off 1.5 turns and hold it there with a wrench while you torque the lock nut to 40 ft lbs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys I took it to the track last night and it worked great! Im really glad that was all it was..and oh by the way I finished 3rd...not bad after what happened friday with the tranny.Thanks again (lxralo) and (EagleAutoSports) for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.