Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what c/c plates are? how much do your spring have to drop your car in order to need c/c plates? if I lower it 1.5 in. and I want to get an alignment do I have to have c/c plates?

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
After lowering your Mustang, you will need to have an alignment done. Typically, there is not enough range of adjustment in the stock upper strut mount to achieve a correct alignment on a lowered car, which will result in poor tire wear and handling. Caster/Camber Plates allow a much wider range of adjustment than the stock upper strut mount, which makes a proper alignment possible.

First, production tolerances in the car's chassis construction rarely result in a car having an even caster setting side-to-side. The ability to adjust caster ensures that the car has the caster set evenly side-to-side for racing, or a staggered caster setting to keep your car tracking straight on roads with a crown.

Second, adjusting the caster to a more positive setting provides several handling advantages: Increased caster will cause negative camber to increase on the outside front wheel while steering through a corner. Having increased negative camber only during steering results in more cornering grip, but without the adverse tire wear and braking performance suffered with large amounts of static negative camber.

Additionally, increased caster increases the self-centering tendency of the steering, resulting in increased straight-line stability.

Last but not least, buy them from Maximum Motorsports

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so if I'm getting an alignment do I have to have the c/c plates? or is it just better to have them? because I dont want to spend extra money on somthing that I dont have to have! ok thanks for all your help

·
Registered
604 Posts
If your going to drop your car more than an inch I'd get CC plates or else your alignment is going to be screwed up. If you do get the plates, go with Ford Racing, they'll never let you down. Good luck...

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
the98stang said:
If your going to drop your car more than an inch I'd get CC plates or else your alignment is going to be screwed up. If you do get the plates, go with Ford Racing, they'll never let you down. Good luck...
Ford Racing plates are not as adjustible as Maximum Motorsports plates, and MM race tests all of their parts in the American Iron series

·
Registered
604 Posts
pita said:
Ford Racing plates are not as adjustible as Maximum Motorsports plates, and MM race tests all of their parts in the American Iron series
MM would be the better choice, but they are more expensive. If I was on a budget I'd go with the Ford Racing. I had them and they worked perfectly...

·
Registered
604 Posts
pita said:
MM would be the better choice, but they are more expensive. If I was on a budget I'd go with the Ford Racing. I had them and they worked perfectly...

·
Registered
604 Posts
pita said:
MM would be a better choice, but they are more expensive. If I was on a budget I'd go with the Ford Racing. I had them and they worked perfectly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.