Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to buy the CAI and the tuner, and was wondering in your opinion which is the better one of the 2?

·
Registered
531 Posts
welcome to the fourms..

get the sct tuner with the jlt cai from american muscle. you get free tunes for life from bama. thats what me and 95% of the guys on here did. get either the 91 or 93 race tune and it will feel like a whole new car and its more fun to drive

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Future

Well I would say the SCT Programmer is they way to go.
It is supported by a large group of Tuners so it just leaves your options open.
I have used different tunes and to date I like Brenspeeds.
The Top End output is a blast on their tunes.
If your driving on the streets and some stop and go traffic it drives fine and I'm one downshift and a little pedal away from the power.
The intake what is your future are you going to go for other MODS or is a Supercharger in your future??
I ask this because the C&L Racer and the JLT 110mm will get that little extra later if you stay N/A and go Headers Cams and other supporting MODS. If you go later say with a Saleen SC then the Saleen CAI or Steeda CAI wich has been used with other SC applications other than Saleen.
I stayed N/A and use the JLT it is affordable and to date keeps up with the MODS I have done.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
AM

AM uses the SCT and in all fairness has good support. I just like the drivability of the Brenspeed Tune. The Race tune from AM is not bad at all but I think it's home is on the track. IMO

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You cant go wrong with either combo, I have the SCT/JLT and couldn't be happier. Plus the free tune for life from AM is awesome:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts