Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get the C&L CAI and Tuner kit from Brenspeed. I have an 06 GT 5-speed that is a daily driver and I have plans for some occasional weekend autocross. I also have the Flowmaster catbacks. I was wondering if there is a big difference between the aluminum street kit and the plastic Racer Kit. Any durability problems with the racer kit? I like the look of the Racer a little better but I want to get the best one for my car. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I went with the street setup from Brenspeed. Like the look of the aluminum and have no issues with heat. Even after long runs the intake is not too hot to touch. I've been very happy with the product. Install was easy and fitment was perfect.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If I were to go with the C&L I would choose the plastic kit for one main reason... price. It's the same thing, and made well and costs less.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I chose the C&L street. Main reason I was concerned the plastic could warp over time. Probably not a concern on a limited use race vehicle but on the street....

·
Registered
193 Posts
RPM said:
I chose the C&L street. Main reason I was concerned the plastic could warp over time. Probably not a concern on a limited use race vehicle but on the street....
If the plastic one lays on the upper radiator hose like my alumumummum C&L one does it might warp. It gets hot in the summer here on the coast too. I got mine and the tune from Brenspeed as well.

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you read the C&L description from their site you will notice that the Street version is recommended for normal people ( like us ) and the Race version is recommended for cars with serious power adders and probably not daily drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts