Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new C&L "Racer" CAI kit is out. Think this is the one KJ was talking about few months back. Looks sweet!!! I've been waiting on the street/strip version until I saw it.

Anyone know how long it's been out? Anyone install it yet?

Now to get xcal tunes for it....

http://www.cnlperformance.com/05-06race.html

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, that's the one... it looks awesome! And it works! Note that there is NO more power in an other wise stock application... hence if you're not planning on REALLY opening up that exhaust (ie. headers) there is NO gain... But it performs close to the same and is less $$$...

The tune is close to the same as your engine 'is maxed out' allready with the street system, it cannot 'handle' more air... Cooler air is a plus though!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kj_cinci said:
Yea, that's the one... it looks awesome! And it works! Note that there is NO more power in an other wise stock application... hence if you're not planning on REALLY opening up that exhaust (ie. headers) there is NO gain... But it performs close to the same and is less $$$...

The tune is close to the same as your engine 'is maxed out' allready with the street system, it cannot 'handle' more air... Cooler air is a plus though!
Sweet. thx for the update. I've been waiting for it to show on the site to get a look, and you're right about the looks. It's also nice to have something capable of handling more air if I go the header route, but will prob wait and package that with SC.

Brenspeed will have the kit with xcal + tunes next week. Think I'll go through them to get it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts