Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's,

I am down to these three choices . I am leaning toward Brenspeed tune package with one of these. I like the look of the Steeda because of the metal airbox, much like ford racing. C&L seems to post really high power gain. Brent is saying they will produce about the same results.

Anybody know if they really do produce about the same?

Anyone have a preferance on one of these three?

The guy's with Steeda, do like the look and results with the tune?

thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sltwagon , I will read it tonight for sure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I the Steeda CAI W/93 Tune. I love it and delivers about 38 more hp. The difference is very very very noticable. I was just amazed at the difference.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Your going to get a lot of opinions on that. I like the C&L Racer have had no problems with it. I have since had mine dyno tuned.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C&L vs. Steeda vs. TI CAI

Travelers,
Your right, lots of guys have done well with the brand they have installed . CAI leaders being Steeda, C&L, JTL, K&N and TI. It come down to looks after that I think. That for sure says the top CAI's are very close in what they can produce. It really the tune from there I think.

GoStang, The Steeda looks like it did the job for you.

Who did you tune, was it Bamachips or Brenspeed?

I dont plan on going to any perforamce shop or anything right now, just want to install this bolt-on to get started on mods with a good tune from one of these two guys who really apprear to know what they are doing. A whole lot me then me anyway...

thanks again

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
I the Steeda CAI W/93 Tune. I love it and delivers about 38 more hp. The difference is very very very noticable. I was just amazed at the difference.
Baloney! There isn't a CAI/tune combo on the market that'll make more than 27.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
im going to have to call shananagins on this one.

JLT "OWNS" the Steeda intake on cost and performance. My opinion on Steed is you get a Intake with no elbow for an outragious price and then have to pay more for the elbow. They do have kits but they are a small fortune.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Baloney! There isn't a CAI/tune combo on the market that'll make more than 27.
I'm sure he meant at the crank, not at the rear wheels! You have to watch out when reading HP claims from different websites, they like to list HP gains at the crank instead of the wheels, could be misleading to the casual consumer!:nono:

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Travelers,
Your right, lots of guys have done well with the brand they have installed . CAI leaders being Steeda, C&L, JTL, K&N and TI. It come down to looks after that I think. That for sure says the top CAI's are very close in what they can produce. It really the tune from there I think.

GoStang, The Steeda looks like it did the job for you.

Who did you tune, was it Bamachips or Brenspeed?

I dont plan on going to any perforamce shop or anything right now, just want to install this bolt-on to get started on mods with a good tune from one of these two guys who really apprear to know what they are doing. A whole lot me then me anyway...

thanks again
Well I know I plug Tillman Speed a lot but I got a better tune for my C&L alone from them then Brenspeed. I had the normal throttle lag and slow return to idle. Brenspeed sent me a second tune which helped a little. I talked to CR at Tillman and he knew exactly what I needed and gave me a tune that fixed it. It made a big difference. Don't count out some of the other guys. Oh and CR also did the dyno tune on my car.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
I'm sure he meant at the crank, not at the rear wheels! You have to watch out when reading HP claims from different websites, they like to list HP gains at the crank instead of the wheels, could be misleading to the casual consumer!:nono:
Even at the crank that is too high.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
if that is any thing but true with any amount of gains I would hate to own that car because that would be one dangerous tune.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Acually I love owning it and I did get stickers and requested additional ones for the top end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.