Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the new intake today and flashed an 87 octane tune (until I empty the tank!). Seat of the pants imporvement was substantial and throttle lag is gone. If I had to hazzard a guess, I'd say at least a 5-7% increase in RWHP. Will see what the dyno numbers say in a few weeks.

Would appreciate thoughts by others with the same setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
I am considering doing the same but would like to continue using the 87 tune. Let us know if you notice a big difference between 87 and 93. (I assume that's where you're taking it with the next tank.) Who did your xcal tune?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IndianaJones said:
I am considering doing the same but would like to continue using the 87 tune. Let us know if you notice a big difference between 87 and 93. (I assume that's where you're taking it with the next tank.) Who did your xcal tune?
Brent White of Brenspeed. I may step up to the 91 tune before I try the 93.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
After you install the 93 tune, you wont go back to the 87! Its like night and day!.....You'll love it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
limestang05 said:
After you install the 93 tune, you wont go back to the 87! Its like night and day
Man, that's what I've been hearing but don't you hate paying the extra $$$ for the premium everytime you fill up? Is it really worth it? I want to do this mod to my car but the up-front cost and then paying extra every time I fill up is making me think twice. I just hate that freaking throttle lag with my automatic. Guess I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet this week and make the order. I actually talked to Brent on the phone last week so I think that's where I'm going. Have heard nothing but good things about him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IndianaJones said:
Man, that's what I've been hearing but don't you hate paying the extra $$$ for the premium everytime you fill up? Is it really worth it? I want to do this mod to my car but the up-front cost and then paying extra every time I fill up is making me think twice. I just hate that freaking throttle lag with my automatic. Guess I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet this week and make the order. I actually talked to Brent on the phone last week so I think that's where I'm going. Have heard nothing but good things about him.
He's got a solid reputation and supports what he sells. Don't think you'll be sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
IndianaJones said:
Man, that's what I've been hearing but don't you hate paying the extra $$$ for the premium everytime you fill up? Is it really worth it?
For less than $3 per tank to run the premium, I'll pay it. Especially for the response I got from the CAI and Xcal tune. I'll just skip on a couple of Big-Gulps during the week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
stlwagon said:
Installed the new intake today and flashed an 87 octane tune (until I empty the tank!).
Did you empty the tank and retune? Did you notice much difference between the 87 and higher octane?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top