Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just finished doing my T-5 Swap last weekend. I finished it in a day but not without any drawbacks. The yoke that one of those conversion kit provides isn't a good match for the stock driveshaft Universal Joint (Spicer). It leaves about an inch of play room on the Universal Joint for the Driveshaft and that can't be good. So I tried to put the original Yoke in but that wouldn't fit into the T-5. The Driveshaft don't look like it needs to be shortened, which is a very good news but I am not sure what to do about the yoke problem. And a heads up, you will need to cut the shifter opening on the tunnel. An inch to the front and a little tward the right side.
You don't really need one of those Cable Clutch conversoin kits. I simply bought a '87 mustang clutch cable from Autozone for $30 and modified my Clutch padel to have an extension with a hole for a screw and then modified one end of the clutch cable to adapt to that extension and for the firewall support, you can simply get a 4 guage L shaped sheet metal and modify that to mount on the Cowl to firewall joint. The other end of the clutch cable should fit right into the tranny if you are using a T-5 Bellhousing and a T-5 Clutch fork. No modification needed there.
I am excited to hear how your swap turns out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.