Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 ford mustang gt mass air conversion with a 308 with nitrous. I got a c4 from my uncle and i counted the teeth on the flexplate and there were only 160 teeth on it.I need to know if i could use a 157 tooth block plate? My torque converter bolt pattern is 10 1/2?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
joey308 said:
i have a 88 ford mustang gt mass air conversion with a 308 with nitrous. I got a c4 from my uncle and i counted the teeth on the flexplate and there were only 160 teeth on it.I need to know if i could use a 157 tooth block plate? My torque converter bolt pattern is 10 1/2?
You really want to be sure that the flexplate is the right balance weight. If your running an '82 or newer crank, you need a 50 ounce flywheel. The older stuff from the C4 days tends to be 28 ounce. There are flexplates from the aftermarket for your application, but with some careful crossreferencing, you should be able to find one at napa, or autozone.
Ask your uncle if he knows what the flexplate came off of. Or is the 160 tooth your original?
The blockplate should match up, dead nuts, to the the tranny, especially around the starter area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to keep the 160 tooth flexplate and i need to know if icould use a 157 tooth block plate? it is 28oz balanced.it is a 302 block with 289 crank and piston.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.