Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've seemed to have stripped my cooling line outlet on my 68 c4 transmission. How do I remove it? Where can I find a new fitting? I've tried looking I just can seem to find one. I wouldnt mind switching to a braided line.
Thanks
Dan

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
the part that screws into the transmission is 1/8 npt. the female part that the line screws into is 5/16 inverted flare. braided line would be trick but very expensive

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The thread that goes into the transmission should be 1/8" straight pipe thread with an o-ring and nut to seal it. It is available through www.mmerlinn.com or bulk part.
You can use a an automotive tapered pipe fitting made for fuel lines if you seal the fitting into the case with loc-tight 518. DO NOT USE TEFLON TAPE! It will get into the oil passage and eventually to the valve body where it will prevent proper operation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call around tomorrow to see if they have the hardware Whats the best way to get at these fittings to take them off? Its very hard to get a wrench in there. Should I drop my tranny down? Any ideas.
Dan

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Removing the crossmember and wedging the transmission down without disconnecting it from the engine will make it easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.