Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, and just did an advanced search on the above topic. Found over 9000 threads!
Has anyone done a back to back comparison with the same car on a dyno of the various CAIs and a K&N drop in with the stock air box. Went through this with our V10 F250 and the consensus was that the CAIs are mostly for looks.

Thanks!
Ed

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Well I think I can save you a whole lot of time searching for your answer! All my mods have been done in stages, I did it out of many reasons but all the same they were all separate. At 15,000 miles I purchased a K&N drop in filter, only because I have purchased K&N drop ins before and for the money its the best option out there, if you are sticking with the factor airbox! This was about 5,000 miles before I got the SCT tuner as a gift for X-mas. When stock without tuner noticed no difference in performance, after getting the SCT noticed night/day difference in overall performance, but can't say the K&N did much! At 30,200 miles a friend gave me a JLT CAI, so I had AM write me a new tune with the free tunes for life, installed the JLT, and noticed more than just a sucking sound! In the higher rpms felt a stronger pull and better performance! Not only that but aslo added around 35 more miles to a tank of gas! Better performance and 2-3 more miles per gallon, you'd be stupid not to get this package!

·
Registered
465 Posts
This hasn't been done yet to my knowledge. I am aware of someone working on it, but no results have been posted yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Never notice 5.7 hp gain on a 3600 lb. car!

I don't know about that... If he drag races, or anything that's competition any gain in power will make the car faster and possible more efficient for mpg.

5.7whp is a good 7hp or so.. Might give him a good .05 in the 1/4, so if he runs neck and neck with his buddy, after that intake he might pull slightly, or be able to stay together if he's not 100% clean with his shifts.

Don't ever say more power does nothing or is not noticeable, your body's ability to notice a .05 difference or a 5.6whp difference is one thing, but that does NOT mean that the car is not FASTER.

Now.. It being worth it is a totally different story. But to each his own..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't know about that... If he drag races, or anything that's competition any gain in power will make the car faster and possible more efficient for mpg.

5.7whp is a good 7hp or so.. Might give him a good .05 in the 1/4, so if he runs neck and neck with his buddy, after that intake he might pull slightly, or be able to stay together if he's not 100% clean with his shifts.

Don't ever say more power does nothing or is not noticeable, your body's ability to notice a .05 difference or a 5.6whp difference is one thing, but that does NOT mean that the car is not FASTER.

Now.. It being worth it is a totally different story. But to each his own..

Well said. Its not that i expected to notice a difference but i know adding the roush intake with a tune helped alot more then a tune with factory airbox...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts