Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all CAI owners. How long till these filters need to be washed/oiled or just replaced? I opt for a replacement. Any place good to buy replacement cone filters for the Steeda unit?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yoy don't need to replace your CAI filter. All you have to do is wash it and then re-oil it. K&N makes a good cleaning kit. I'd do it about every 10K or so but I think K&N actually says you can go to 40K.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jerryII said:
Yoy don't need to replace your CAI filter. All you have to do is wash it and then re-oil it. K&N makes a good cleaning kit. I'd do it about every 10K or so but I think K&N actually says you can go to 40K.
Hey jerryII,
Thanks for that info. I've never re-oiled a filter even on a lawn mower. I let the shop do that stuff when the go in for maint. I'll check out the K&N site.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Hey jerryII,
Thanks for that info. I've never re-oiled a filter even on a lawn mower. I let the shop do that stuff when the go in for maint. I'll check out the K&N site.
It is really easy to do. I have a K&N on my deisel pickup and at 50,000 it was really dirty. But the vacuum sensor that tells you when to replace the factory filter said it was still good as new.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have the MMR CAI and they also have a cleaning kit with the oil to re-oil the filter. I have not put that many miles on it since installing the CAI, but I have the kit on hand for that blessed day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a stupid question....will an addition of a CAI affect the factory waranty?Which are are worth the $????:worship

·
Registered
114 Posts
the Slank 05 GT said:
I got a stupid question....will an addition of a CAI affect the factory waranty?Which are are worth the $????:worship
I just called my local dealer this morning with the same question. They told me that if I install an aftermarket CAI and I re-flash my computer it WILL NOT void my factoy warrenty. They also mentioned the only thing that will is if I installed a "chip" in the computer - don't know what this means since im not that car savy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Klean or replace the filter when it looks dirty, but be sure not to over oil. Also, check the filter for holes in the filament, they do not last a lifetime or a million miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts