Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my first ever Mustang GT convertible 2005 model a couple of weels ago. Originaly from Scotland I moved to the States 6 years ago and wanted an American muscle car.

I have a friend back in Ohio who is giving me some guidance on upgrades. I have installed the Summit brand (Heartthrobs) axle backs and now looking at installing a CAI from Tunable Inductions and a H pipe, again from Summit. Installing the axle backs gave the exhaust note a deeper tone but I'm interested in how the exhaust note will change by installing a H pipe and CAI?

Everyone seems to go for the brand names and I was also heading that way! My buddy in Ohio has some inside knowledge and insists that we don't have to invest in the brand anmes to get good sound and performance.

I hear that John demolet is a great guy and knows his stuff with CAI.

I would be interested in anyones feedback on the above.

I'm also signed up for Mustangs Across America and I will be starting in Vegas, Can't wait!

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The mustang comes stock with an H-pipe. No need to get an new one unless you are buying an o/r h-pipe or one with hi-flow cats.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking about the off road H Pipe with no cats, how does that change things?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It will make the car louder a little unrefined as far as noise and you will notice a smell. As far as performance, you should (at least in my case) a lose of power down low, but an increase once the car gets to about 3,000 RPMS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in, Johns TI is top notch. Your car will never be the same. Great unit and great service. As for the o/r H pipe, your car will sound more throaty. If you do them together, ask John to turn off your o2 sensors as you will lose 2 of them when going with no cats. If he can't, I recommend Brenspeed for purchasing a tune.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I run the tunable inductions CAI (check my gallery) . I love it, really works great and great price also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John Demolet makes a great intake. Is the H pipe offroad or catted?

I was going to go with the off road pipes without the cats.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Stock mufflers with an o/r h pipe sounds great, then if you throw in a cai/tune it will sound even better. (yes the tune makes big difference in sound). An o/r pipe with aftermarket mufflers will sound great at WOT but will probably be irritating at any other speed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure others will chime in, Johns TI is top notch. Your car will never be the same. Great unit and great service. As for the o/r H pipe, your car will sound more throaty. If you do them together, ask John to turn off your o2 sensors as you will lose 2 of them when going with no cats. If he can't, I recommend Brenspeed for purchasing a tune.
Do you know if the off road H pipes will sond throaty or just outright
obnoxious

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you know if the off road H pipes will sond throaty or just outright
obnoxious

It'll sound nice unless you pair it with aftermarket mufflers, then they become obnoxious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.