Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya so today im puttin on my Steeda CAI w/ SCT tuner, seems really straight forward... Anything I should know that might come up? Seems easy just a few bolts/ clamps come up then put the new stuff in reclamp and hook up the lil meter and ur good to go. What do u guys think? Am I missing something? its a 09 GT btw :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's very easy. Just make sure everything is tight and there are no leaks.
Gotcha, Ill make sure its nice and tight. The system looks great, carbon fiber elbow really stands out. Cant wait, what HP gain are we talking when running a 93 octane tune with it? like 40 HP to the flywheel? 15 to the wheels? <<< honestly 0 clue about those numbers just guessed.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Gotcha, Ill make sure its nice and tight. The system looks great, carbon fiber elbow really stands out. Cant wait, what HP gain are we talking when running a 93 octane tune with it? like 40 HP to the flywheel? 15 to the wheels? <<< honestly 0 clue about those numbers just guessed.
Intake and tune can net you as much as 20 rwhp or so.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Think you need a torx bit to remove the MAF from the stock airbox. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Intake in and Tuned! Looks sexy ill take pics 2 morrow. huge difference driving! Love it! pretty easy install, the carbon fiber elbow is so nice looking. Tuner was great! Thanks to American Muscle for my custom tune you guys rock. 100% pleased.... and then some! Next mod---> carbon fiber interior

·
Registered
910 Posts
Good point... Think it's a T10.
Sure its not the T20?

Are you sure you want to put those parts on an 09 with a fresh 3 year 36,000 mile warrenty?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sure its not the T20?

Are you sure you want to put those parts on an 09 with a fresh 3 year 36,000 mile warrenty?
shouldn't really be an issue. when i put everything on my '06 Gt, and i took it in for an issue, i forgot about it all, and the service guy helping me actually complimented me on it. there are ways to be safe if you have to take it in, and you suspect your dealership may give you hassle about it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.