Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i purchased my car it came with a CAI already installed and every thing worked fine, but i noticed on other cars a hose/piping that goes from the CAI (between the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor) and mine has been poorly plugged off.
Intake plug.jpg
where does/should this plumbing go?

Sorry for all the posts i don't mean to be polluting the forum

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I think thats the one that should go to the passenger valve cover breather.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
correct mr stalker lol
i'm betting they have breathers on the valve covers right? (back of passenger side and front of drivers side, right behind the oil fill cap)
simple PCV bypass, nothing to worry about, however there are better looking ways to block off something :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it, got a new pcv fitting, some 3/8 fuel line and 2 hose clamps.
5 min later its all good.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Fixed it, got a new pcv fitting, some 3/8 fuel line and 2 hose clamps.
5 min later its all good.

Thanks guys
Yes but is the drivers side also blocked off? If so u must put it back to the intake also as this will cause problems having only one side blocked and the other connected
By the way it's better to have the pcv bypass done as it keeps the recirculated oil out of the intake and fives u a cleaner charge, for some reason our cars had a problem with the pcv being overly effective

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
drivers side is in factory form and condition, it feeds into the intake manifold. Would installing filters alleviate the risk of getting oil into the intake? I found a link, think I might give it a go.
99-00 3.8L Mustang Driver's Side Valve Cover Fix
Yes it would fix that problem, either do what is shown in the link or put Breathers on it, they both solve the problem just fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts