Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and kids bought me a K&N CAI for our 2006 Mustang. We purchased the car in April. It was a Certified Pre-Owned with only 26K miles on it and we got an extended warranty through Ford.

I thought I read that the CAI cannot void the warranty, but was wondering if anyone has had any experiences?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i`m guessing thats a no tune cai. your best bet would be to remove it and put the stock air filter back on before you take the car in for any service. 5 minute job, avoid any hassles.
btw, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Welcome. The cai shouldn't cause you any problems, but some dealerships will hassle you just because they can. Like amustangrocks said, if you do need warrenty work, just swap back to stock.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
751 Posts
A follow up question. If the car is tuned, then what? Reason I ask is because I have to bring in the car in for a recall.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You can retune the car to stock but the dealership will still be able to tell the car has been flashed. Some dealerships may try to give you problems due to this, but there is no definite way to prove any wrong doings. Most dealerships will not give you problems if the intake is stock and the tune is returned to stock.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called the dealership where I purchased the car and asked their position on a CAI that doesn't require a tune. They stated that unless the CAI causes abother problem, they typically don't have any problems with the mod. When I pressed him further on it stating that I'm still using the OEM MAF, what other problems could arise, he said, "not much really, you'll be fine".

I guess the proof will be if a problem does arise, but I wanted that verbal assurance as I didn't really feel like swapping out the mod everytime I'd have to take the car in if I didn't have to.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The only thing they can get you for is the tune. As long as you bump it back to stock before you take it in, you will be fine to leave the CAI in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.