Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help in selecting the correct size pushrods for my application: AFR 165 pedistal mount heads, 1.6 rr, Anderson N41 camshaft and stock bottom end. I've been told by suppliers that i would have to calculate the geometry of the valve train in order to know the correct pushrod length. Can anyone help me? Or would stock length pushrods fit my application. Need help....

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Get a pushrod length checker first.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It has to be measured - it can't be calculated with ANY certainty

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go to the Cam manufactures web sites, they have checkers and instructions how to use them. Call them. If not Anderson should be willing to instruct you. They allways are willing to help when I call.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can do a basic check first. With the cam in the middle of its lift , you can use a dial indicator to check this, the rocker arm tip should be in the middle of the tip of the valve. Try coloring the tip of the valve with a black marker or machinists dye then install the rocker and turn the motor over by hand with a breaker bar. The marker will be worn away by the rocker showing where the rocker is riding on the valve tip. You want it as close to the middle as possable. You may be able to do this with one of those adjustable length push rods that the cam companies sell. Usually that is done with a real light spring in place of your regular valve spring though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.