Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have noticed this car sitting in an underground garage in seattle and I thought.... you know how you hear about stolen cars being found years later...
Well this car has cali plates that expired 7 years ago, looks to have some serious engine mods, slicks in the back. I just thought maybe I should post a pic or two to make sure I just didn't stumble on some stolen car from years past. I know if it was my car, I would want someone to do the same. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the car has been sitting in that same spot for some time then I'd let the local PD know about it. But you probably have placed that call already, unless it's your first time being in that underground parking lot.

·
Registered
511 Posts
judging by the pictures it looks extremely dusty like its been there a while. x2 on calling the pd and giving them the plate number.

·
Registered
477 Posts
are there any indications of theft? dont just give the plate number, give the VIN as well

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
7 years is a long time and that car has been sitting for a couple. I would try to find someone here with a carfax. If you report someones car for expired plates the PD may tow it then it may end up junked.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i dont believe the car can be towed if its on private property and the owner/employee would have to complain. if it was out on city streets, yea...but in a parking garage..dont think so.

·
Registered
487 Posts
try to find the owner if you cant apply for a abandoned vic title it could be yours in 60 days

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the local PD run the plates today and they said there was nothing strange about the car. I also noticed a NOS tank next to it and a serious intercooler under the front bumper. I found that the spot belongs to the developer that built the building 11 years ago. Why they have a parking spot still I have no idea, but I'm researching that. I just took over as facility manager for this building so I have the right to tow, I just want to give the owner a fair shot at getting it out first. Thanks for the input people.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
try to find the owner if you cant apply for a abandoned vic title it could be yours in 60 days
+1, the time table is different everywhere but abandoned titles aren't too hard to come across especially if you manage or own the property its on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts