Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SoI bought my car in California and it has the " California Emissions Equipment" on it.
Does any one know what this consists of on the car? Can I remove it? Is it down a couple of HP because of it??

Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
SoI bought my car in California and it has the " California Emissions Equipment" on it.
Does any one know what this consists of on the car? Can I remove it? Is it down a couple of HP because of it??

Thanks
Most cars these days are built to 50 state compliance. Many states, particularly in the North East use the same emissions rules. It's simpler and cheaper now to build cars that are in compliance anywhere. It may have a CA compliance sticker because that is required and they are slapped on cars destined for CA to meet the local law. Emissions controls are likely no different, just the sticker. Unlike the old days, it's unlikely you'll gain anything by trying to circumvent the controls. Most of it is done through electronics anyway. Besides it's illegal and may make it hard to get the car to pass emissions checks, particularly in CA where they have no sense of humor about this..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the heads up. The car now lives in Alaska so I do not have to worry about CRAZY California!

·
Registered
123 Posts
From what I was told it does not change the performance, hopefully I wasn't lied to..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.