Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 60 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Mustang user in San Diego

Frank S, near the confluence of I-5, I-8, I-805, I-15, 163, 274. Plenty of highwaying just a hop-skip-jump away, as well as Qualcomm Stadium for autocross with SCCA
San Diego Region -- Solo 2 Schedule
San Diego SCCA

and eighth-mile drags with RaceLegal
RaceLegal.com [Webisodes]

I like what my Mustang can do for me more than what I can do for it. If it doesn't make a performance difference, it gets minimal, if any, attention or investment from me.

Reconcile that with the fact that I'm about to finish a (second in a 18-month tenure) complete claybar/Porter-Cable/Scratch-X/Meguiar DA cleaner-polish/Meguiar Gold Class job on my former Budget Rent-A-Car convertible, if you can.

The water/pollutant spots still show up in the right/wrong light, but they get fainter with each P-C session. I hope I don't run out of clear-coat before I reach the bottom of them.

OK, I admit to painting black the chromy grill pony and the faux gas cap on the back. And the calipers (Tungsten Grey. May have been a purple mistake). Maybe that is the end of the lookin' good stuff. We'll see.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey I'm in SoPas. is there a standing date for these SGV gatherings? Do you guys know about the Saturday mornings at the La Canada Flintridge UA-8 Theater? All sorts of amazing cars show up from Austin, Lancia, BMW, Cobras both real and kits, Ford GT40's, yes real ones, oh and Ford GT's too, Ferarri 360's 430 spyders, and coupes, Bentley's, Jags, EVERY sort of factory American muscle car ever made including many that were not, race cars both curvey road and not to no roads, hot rods, customs, absolutely amazing works-in-progress, and the usual Porsche GT3 and GT3RS. Oh and usually an interesting motorcycle or two. As the weather gets better people show up earlier and earlier. I usually get there 6:15-6:30 and manage to get on the front row.

If you are going to get there get there early and look for the Mineral Gray S197GT on the front row and say Hi.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
MB Stangs Cruise MAY 3RD VC area

Hey everyone! It's that time again!
Mbstangs is cruising for lunch.
We'll be meeting in front of the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Camarillo @ 11am
For those of you in the San Fernando Valley we'll be meeting at the Denny's off Topanga Cyn and the 101 @ 1030am
We'll be cruising from Camarillo/SFV up to Fillmore to Yanni's restaurant for some good times.
After some good times with some good friends we'll head back... possibly taking the "scenic route"...
Let me know if anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to help!

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
give me a heads up when theres another meeting and its in the Mission Viejo/ San Juan ish area, over by ortega maybe?

·
Registered
621 Posts
or irvine ive been dying to come to one of these but none have been close enough to me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys, im new to this and I've never been to a gathering before and I really want to. I live in the Walnut/diamondbar/west covina area so can I get a heads up on any meetings, i'll really apreciate it

·
Registered
59 Posts
im in the LA area im down to set up a meet some place around here and make a drive some where like camarillo or down south to OC or something

·
Registered
659 Posts
im in the LA area im down to set up a meet some place around here and make a drive some where like camarillo or down south to OC or something
Hi kdub427,

You need to come to the La Canada/Flintridge Universal Artists 8 Movie Theater any Saturday morning from about 6:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.. Today there were about 85 cars there! Lots of vintage rods and muscle cars along with plenty of German and Italian exotics. There we some S197's there too! My own Mineral Gray 2005 GT my friend's '08 Bullitt Highland Green of course, '07 Saleen PJ Edition 302 in Orange, Black GT350H, Sonic Blue V-6 Vert, Tungsten GT500, and a Legend Lime GT along with another 6 or 8 vintage Mustangs including a 1970 Boss 302 in Orange with matte black stripes. Awesome turn out today hope to see you next Saturday!

Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
that sounds sick. id go but i got work every saturday. maybe one of these saturdays i will just take off and go there instead of work. if i go you can add the 08 roush 427 stage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car

There was a low riders car show today and its in San Diego at Qualcomm stadium.

It is Bloody well Awesome. a whole posse of mustang gt's came in and are part of the show along with a Ford cobra.

these Mustangs are years 95 to current with extensive body kits.

a must see. the entire show is to be considered "quaint" since it's only in one lott , but they have competitions.

the way to get there is up or down the interestate 15
get off at Friars road and head westward to the first uphill turn off from the freeway

than you make a left and thats the main entrance to Qualcomm Stadium.

I Enjoyed it personally. i'm suggesting it others.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Say does anyone go to the Irwindale Speedway on Thursdays? They do Test n Tune 1/8 mile drags there from 5-10pm for only $20. I am probably going this upcoming thurs.

G

·
:waveyNew to this forum and got my stang Nov. 2006. Anyone in the LA area that wants to meet up? Glendale, Eagle Rock, Pasadena, La Canada, Downtown, anywhere else hit me up. I usually cruise to the Angeles Crest every once in a while. It would be cool to meet up with some new people and have a group of stangs cruise around some areas. Post me if your interested in meeting up. Late
Sounds Koo im originally From East Los, but now im in North Whittier Hit me up in Pm if something kiks up and we get a Crew together

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds Koo im originally From East Los, but now im in North Whittier Hit me up in Pm if something kiks up and we get a Crew together
Hey neighbor!

I'm getting ready to have new UCA/LCA's installed by db performance engineering this week and its going to be a bit hot but if I get my car back in time otherwise how far in advance should we schedule it for?

Just looked it up an this thursday is the 3rd so no dice for me. 7.10 should work for me.

41 - 60 of 347 Posts