Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think im going to get a KB for my car and put it on low boost until i can convince KB to make a intercooler of some sort. Thats were you guys come in. We should all get together and prove to KB that it will be profitable to offer a intercoolerfor the KB. We all need to either get a petition going or have everyone email KB the same week or something. I think if we show them how many people want a intercooler they might actually do it. Or even try to liquid cool the 2.1 kb for us idk. but this is just a thought and i was seeing who would be down to try this or if anyone thinks this will work???

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I hear ya, my personal little wish is that Edelbrock would do their E force for us...but we are pretty much "has been" with little market/profit for them to do it (KB included), you'd be better off just picking up the C heads or going turbo(what I'd have done if I had it to do over)...don't get me wrong, 400rwhp is nothing to sneeze at on the street with my E85 KB motor.. and you really can't go much more without forged internals, which leads to "get a terminator motor" to begin with (about what a KB w/ intercooler) would cost you anyways...which is what I realized when I got my GT500 motor, then you can sell what you have to finance the deal and come out ahead...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya, my personal little wish is that Edelbrock would do their E force for us...but we are pretty much "has been" with little market/profit for them to do it (KB included), you'd be better off just picking up the C heads or going turbo(what I'd have done if I had it to do over)...don't get me wrong, 400rwhp is nothing to sneeze at on the street with my E85 KB motor.. and you really can't go much more without forged internals, which leads to "get a terminator motor" to begin with (about what a KB w/ intercooler) would cost you anyways...which is what I realized when I got my GT500 motor, then you can sell what you have to finance the deal and come out ahead...
very true but also sn95 cobras have come down in tprice and everyone wants a intercooler but no one wants to do anything about it??? i say we show them it will be profitable some how. i think it would work if we ome together and try out a plan or something.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well let me tell you to think about this...a KB blower kit alone is $4100, then if you want to run any real boost you need bigger injectors, mass air and fuel pump ($1000), then you need custom dyno tuning ($450)...
Now you need install labor, gauges (I spent another $2000) for all that and alot more which I won't even get in to
Ok, now you are at 12psi for $7500+, you still aren't forged, you'll probably need to upgrade your transmission, brakes and clutch...
Can you see where I'm going with this? You can buy a complete termi engine for about $5000, now you are blown, forged and intercooled, yeah you still need tuning etc, but you can sell the engine you have for a decent price these days to help pay for it all...really it's the way to go
Then you can upgrade the blower when you have more money and jet off into the sunset

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well let me tell you to think about this...a KB blower kit alone is $4100, then if you want to run any real boost you need bigger injectors, mass air and fuel pump ($1000), then you need custom dyno tuning ($450)...
Now you need install labor, gauges (I spent another $2000) for all that and alot more which I won't even get in to
Ok, now you are at 12psi for $7500+, you still aren't forged, you'll probably need to upgrade your transmission, brakes and clutch...
Can you see where I'm going with this? You can buy a complete termi engine for about $5000, now you are blown, forged and intercooled, yeah you still need tuning etc, but you can sell the engine you have for a decent price these days to help pay for it all...really it's the way to go
Then you can upgrade the blower when you have more money and jet off into the sunset
true but if kb made an intercooler i would keep my motor and just forge it. lol idk i mean that would be great an all but i would rather have my original motor in the car. idk just a personal preference i guess.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well it still runs good without an intercooler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts