Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in knowing what power and sound (how good is the whine?)the non intercooled version makes i am looking at buting it because it would be enough power for $3200. I also could always upgrade later so give me some feedback

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
im not a vortech v3 owner... but from what i have heard about it.... the vortech v3 is virtually quite where you cant tell its there.

the v3 setup is awesome tho... no oil lines to deal with.... where are you getting the $3200 figure from tho? is it a full "tuner" setup non-intercooled or just the v3 blower from vortech? got any links to that?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the one at breenspeed

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o ya whoops still.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
So what would you like to know? It sounds cool, if you like the sound of a centrifugal blower (I prefer the scream of a twin screw).

YouTube - 2005 Mustang with Vortech

You will have the power you want! :bigthumbsup

Not the same type as say a twin screw, but it will be there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks like the Brenspeed V3 kit does include BAP for fuel management, plugs and injectors. "Our upgradable V3 package starts with a self lubricated SI Trim Vortech running at 8 psi. This supercharger is the most efficient S trim Vortech built to date. For the starting price we include satin finish but you can upgrade to polished if you prefer. Our package also includes Ford Racing 39lb fuel injectors, Brisk Spark Plugs for a supercharged application, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, IAT (Intake Air Temp) relocation kit, and a SCT X3 programmer custom tuned by us to meet your needs":scratchchin

·
Registered
633 Posts
man thats a good deal what all else will you need.and what would the totall cost be.and for someone like me what would labor be for install on somthing like that so what would the totall for everything including labor to have it up and runing on my car.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Brenspeed advertises $650 for the install.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
im not a vortech v3 owner... but from what i have heard about it.... the vortech v3 is virtually quite where you cant tell its there.

the v3 setup is awesome tho... no oil lines to deal with.... where are you getting the $3200 figure from tho? is it a full "tuner" setup non-intercooled or just the v3 blower from vortech? got any links to that?
Unless you enjoy changing oil every 3000 miles then the V3 is for you. The V2 oil changes every time you change the engine oil and is "much" easier to do. As far as installing the oil line...........its a 10 min. install, very easy with supplied Vortech tools. My 2 cents. :gringreen

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Unless you enjoy changing oil every 3000 miles then the V3 is for you. The V2 oil changes every time you change the engine oil and is "much" easier to do. As far as installing the oil line...........its a 10 min. install, very easy with supplied Vortech tools. My 2 cents. :gringreen
That 10 minutes didn't include punching a hole in the oil pan did it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I dont think I follow your post, lol.... maybe its just the semantics.... but are you saying the V2 is better then the v3 or the other way around, LOL.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I dont think I follow your post, lol.... maybe its just the semantics.... but are you saying the V2 is better then the v3 or the other way around, LOL.
Both have advantages and disadvantages. V2 will run cooler since it pulls oil from the crankcase to lubricate. However, if the V2 ever comes apart inside, you might as well kiss your engine goodbye! Both make the same power. V3 is an easier install.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Both have advantages and disadvantages. V2 will run cooler since it pulls oil from the crankcase to lubricate. However, if the V2 ever comes apart inside, you might as well kiss your engine goodbye! Both make the same power. V3 is an easier install.
so what your really saying is the v3 is better, lol.

I got ya though.... IMO the V3 is better.... if you need cooling get an intercooler or go W/M cooling.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
so what your really saying is the v3 is better, lol.

I got ya though.... IMO the V3 is better.... if you need cooling get an intercooler or go W/M cooling.
I think so (and I own a V2). V3 is higher maintenance though and it takes expensive (and very stinky!) supercharger oil.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
First change is at 2500 miles. Then it's every 7500 miles after that. The oil is $30.95 for 3 4 oz bottles.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
First change is at 2500 miles. Then it's every 7500 miles after that. The oil is $30.95 for 3 4 oz bottles.
Yikes:happyhapp I still think thats not too bad. Didn't quite catch your semantics again... so your saying its $31 every oil change for the SC or 31x4, LOL.... even if it is $31x4=120 every 7500 miles... thats not too shabby but i see your point about it adding up over time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.