Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big of a difference does a cam change make on a basically stock 02 v6 (cat-back, CAI, (Chip in future) cause i thought i read somewhere it was a smart investment on 99 and aboves. I know nothing about changing one but i see supersix sells one for stock springs/heads, would this even make a difference. Then they offer regrinds, is that just taking your stock one and redoing it, and do i need new rockers or anything, blah blah blah.... and so on. So if someone could explain it to me I'd really appreciate it.
THanks !

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
StangLx50 said:
How big of a difference does a cam change make on a basically stock 02 v6 (cat-back, CAI, (Chip in future) cause i thought i read somewhere it was a smart investment on 99 and aboves. I know nothing about changing one but i see supersix sells one for stock springs/heads, would this even make a difference. Then they offer regrinds, is that just taking your stock one and redoing it, and do i need new rockers or anything, blah blah blah.... and so on. So if someone could explain it to me I'd really appreciate it.
THanks !
yeah, but it's expensive.

The 99+ cars actually have a MILDER cam than the pre-99s.

rockers etc, depend on the cam you get.

a lot of people swear by the ones RPM-Mustangs.com offers.

Or you can give Competition Cams a call. They've got 5 series of cams for the 3.8L. & they can tell you what you need for what you want to do.

I think Supersix is a CompCams reseller, anyway. They used to offer Crower Cams.

R

·
0 Posts
When i had my 2000 3.8L... Me and my friend did a cam change and also p&P the head and intakes.... Didn't get a chip tune but i like it....:thumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do highly recommend RPM-Mustangs.com
I still have the same cam from him, from way back.
Mikael is great to talk to and he'll make the best recommendation for your setup.

As well, while you're at it, swap to RRs and maybe longer pushrods? Talk to Mikael.
But it all depends on your $$ flow.

Install is not that bad, but costly if you send it somewhere to get it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.