Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a cam for some explorer gt 40 heads not p's. what cams work well w/ these heads. i am looking for something that has a range of maybe 1500-5500 that is efi friendly and matches the heads and intake well. i am aware that a custom cam is the way to go but right now an ots cam is priced right
when posting please include your personal experinces w/ perfered cams

my set up is ported gt40's and ported explorer intake,65mmtb,73mm c and l explorer 19lbs injectors
t5 and 3.73 gears

·
Registered
653 Posts
look down like 5 threads. A lot of people seem to like the Ford Alphabet cams such as the E303 and F303. I hear steeda makes a good cam for gt40s as well. If you have enough $$ though, I would suggest a stick from comp cams.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Here you go, a Comp Cams Magnum that'll work well with them. I swear by Comp Cams, they've never let me down.

COMP Cams® - Cam Details

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look down like 5 threads. A lot of people seem to like the Ford Alphabet cams such as the E303 and F303. I hear steeda makes a good cam for gt40s as well. If you have enough $$ though, I would suggest a stick from comp cams.

i currently have the e-cam and the low speed drama sucks.(bucking at parking lot speeds)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.