Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the FRPP Hot Rod cams from American Muscle, and just have a few questions about installing them. If i go to the dealership and have them do the install would i be able to salvage my warranty? My family is in the car business, so we have a couple of mechanics at the shop and I was just going to do the install with one of them one day next week. I was just thinking that if I can retain my factory warranty by having it done at a dealer, it might be worth paying for them to do it. Also I am going to need to get a dyno tune, so if anybody could recommend a good shop in the Long Island/NYC area that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance guys and gals

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's what I was thinking, then I heard somewhere that if you purchase FRPP parts and have them installed by a dealer it doesn't void the warranty. I'll probably just end up doing it myself with one of the mechanics and using the money i save on the install for a dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
This is direct from the Ford Racing site:
All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok that is pretty much clear as daylight. Thanks Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.