Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a E Cam in my car right meow and i just really want to slap in a nasty cam.

what would have have in my option field?

and would have to redo my valve timing or can i just slide that puppy in?

·
Registered
44 Posts
deppend on what your looking for low end, mid range, or top end?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you willing to upgrade the rest of your valvetrain to match the new camshaft?
In most cases, anything other than a stock oe camshaft requires matched springs and may include lifters and rockers.
Yes, you'd have to set your camshaft timing to the manufactures' specs or "degree" it is the terminology.
Also have to check PTV clearance and should check PR length just to be sure everything is good.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well everything is already upgraded, but i just really want a nasty sounding cam ha, for mid range i guess

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I think I would be asking the guy who was going to build my motor. I am not sure I would trust any one with that. I listened to a guy once and I had to slap another cam into it. Turned out he knew nothing. Just talked a good line of crap.

·
Registered
176 Posts
well everything is already upgraded, but i just really want a nasty sounding cam ha, for mid range i guess
Okay... your next camshaft depends on;
the install height of your retainers, spring pressures on the nose and on the base circle, type of camshaft design, minimum cross section of your head or capability of your heads... there are so many variables that need to be addressed it's best what jim293 suggested.
For very little extra expense and the most value, I suggest you look into a custom camshaft. Then you can give all the information of what you have, what you want to do, and the camshaft can be designed around that.

If all you want is a camshaft that makes your engine sound bad to the bone but runs like a turd... I have no information to help you with that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
call summit racing or look um up online to get a feel on whats out their

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.