Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well id like to add a cam to my car. I have some mods done nothing crazy, has 70mm mass air flow 70mm throttle body, typone uper and lower intake, bbk fender intake,headers, some more odds and ends. but i want a cam that gives the car that rough idle. Any advice would be great?? ??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well id like to add a cam to my car. I have some mods done nothing crazy, has 70mm mass air flow 70mm throttle body, typone uper and lower intake, bbk fender intake,headers, some more odds and ends. but i want a cam that gives the car that rough idle. Any advice would be great?? ??
What kind of car is it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 1988 mustang Gt

·
Registered
268 Posts
You could get one of the alpha bet cams, like the B303 or E303, or compcams has the XE266HR which is pretty good. I'm sure there are more, but I haven't personally seen them idle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks. ive herd of alot of people using the e303

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just lisened to some clips on you tube. The b303 sounds nice at idle would this be ok with a pretty much stock engine? or is there more parts required? Might be stupid questions but im just getting into this car thing. I was always a bike guy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's ok with stock parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well if you got a 1988 stang and you said it has a 70 MAF.....so it has been converted or did it come with MAF?

Another thing is that you can put a cam in there but with the stock heads the hp improvement will be minimal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cams

iv had a b cam in a stock headed 93, it ran pretty good. you could get by on using stock parts but, as a way to fix future problems i would
throw on a new timing chane-80 bucks ish
change all gaskets since you are tearing apart the top half
you can reuse the lifters.
if you got the money i would throw in some better valve springs for the cam you choose. i like the abc cams, they are great if you would like to stay all ford. but i like the trick flow stage 1, it will produce more hp, it has a slighty larger lift than the b cam but around the same as the e.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks but i dont think im gonna bother. i got a quote of 3300 to get the car painted and im going on holidays for a month back (to get married) east so the car will be done when i return. so thats what im gonna spend my money on. she deseveres to look better .

and yes it had the conversion done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts