Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B303 Cam right now, I believe the duration is 282 but i could be wrong, but either way i have read that i should increase my idle to 1200 to 1300, Has anyone else ever heard of this or have any opinions?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Don't think that is accurate. It might be that since the idle is rougher, adding more to idle control issues/problems, setting idle over 1k rpm takes care of rolling idle, stalls, etc. If no idle issues/problems are present, that setting is not required, the cam will survive.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have the E303 and idle at about 1000 (give or take) but thats because the car gets very unhappy if it drops much below that. I say where ever the car is behaving best is the better setting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a stock 95 gt, and i dont know much about cams. would it be ok to put in a performance cam, without changing anything else? is it a good way to add power, becuase they arent very expensive. i was think the e303. how much power would i gain? what else would i have to change to get the most out of it?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The most expensive part is the labor. You have to pull the radiator, timing chain cover, intake manifold,valve covers, remove all of the rocker arms,pushrods, lifters, water pump and scrape off all the old gasket material.

It's probably going to take atleast 3 hours to swap.

I would go with the trickflow stage 1 cam (part no TFS-51402000)

·
Registered
130 Posts
It can be done without pulling the intake but you have to have the lifter tools to do it and they arent that cheap for a one time job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.