Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've heard of this happening in high mileage police interceptors. Both of the scenarios you presented are plausible. Have you had anybody other than the shop that installed the cams look at the damage to verify the shops claim?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monkey Boy said:
I've heard of this happening in high mileage police interceptors. Both of the scenarios you presented are plausible. Have you had anybody other than the shop that installed the cams look at the damage to verify the shops claim?
Just my engine builder and i looked at them but never to them apart and between him and i we have made tons of calls and basically the end result is that they torqued the cams down to tight causing the cam to starve of oil so i hope something gets resolved quick and painless:handball:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
9899musl said:
Just my engine builder and i looked at them but never to them apart and between him and i we have made tons of calls and basically the end result is that they torqued the cams down to tight causing the cam to starve of oil so i hope something gets resolved quick and painless:handball:
Makes you wonder what else they didn't torque down right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monkey Boy said:
Makes you wonder what else they didn't torque down right.
Yep,and even if i do pay for the repairs they still wont guarantee that this will rectify the problem,makes me a little nervous:happyhapp

·
Registered
33 Posts
You have posted this in many forums.....no help yet?

I saw the thread a MF :winks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JonBeast said:
You have posted this in many forums.....no help yet?

I saw the thread a MF :winks
No not yet,i want to send the message out in the boards and see what happenens before i get legal and i realy dont want it to get to that point and im hoping everything gets resolved quick and painless but i have a funny feeling it wont so im asking for all the help i could get:sosad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.