Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 gt has less than 50,000 miles. My problem is the engine light keeps coming on, car stumbles or hesitates and car doesn't seem to have much get up and go. Have had it hooked up to computer that shows the problem is Cam Position Sensor. I have replaced this sensor 3 times most recently about 3 weeks ago. Tonight, it happened again. Could there be another problem that keeps causing the sensor to go out? Is there a way to check to see if the sensor itself is bad? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same problem

Dude it is your alternator not the cam sensors. There is a diode that sends an electrical impulse to send the code. If you have it tested it may not show up. I had the same problem and replaced the alternator and the code cleared.
Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Replace the alternator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 69000 on a 2006 Mustang GT. Last week i also got the cam sensor code with a check engine light. After resetting the code a couple of times it reappeared after each reset. I checked the forum. Found lots of articles on diodes going bad in the alternator. Had the alternator replaced this week and no more codes. I also recommend that you have the alternator checked. There is a Ford TSB on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts