Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about putting cams in my 01 gt, but how much will i have to spend in new sensors and what sensors do i need to get?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Why would you need new sensors? And what sensors are you referring too? :?:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Your looking at about a 1k in labor and 600-900 in parts. Then to get the most out of the cams a custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i plan doing all labor my self. but yea the tune is a must. some one told its not worth it because the sensors cost too much. and i am planning on putting a blower on my car. what cam should i go with

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
green 01 said:
i plan doing all labor my self. but yea the tune is a must. some one told its not worth it because the sensors cost too much. and i am planning on putting a blower on my car. what cam should i go with
What f*cking sensors!!!???

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Are you referring to O2 sensors? IAT sensor?? TPS? Dude, we can't help you unless you tell us what you're talking about?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just any sensor i would need from getting new cams. some guy told that i shuoldnt do cams because it is $1500 in sensors.

BlueStreak03 said:
Are you referring to O2 sensors? IAT sensor?? TPS? Dude, we can't help you unless you tell us what you're talking about?

·
Registered
573 Posts
nO YOU WILL NOT NEED ANY "sENSORS"....lol!!!

You will need lifters, springs, etc......if you are using stock heads. You will need to get a chip and tune if you don't want detonation/knockin.........
It should only cost you 5-700$ in labor. You doing it so no problem there.
With a chip you can "turn off" any codes that pop up.
Good Luck!
TK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.