Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Maybe they're voting so much to pick up the performance slack the new Camaro presents lol

But I voted against them any way :toot_toot:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow 73% are in favor of the camaro.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't care if it's 99%, I've driven a Camaro and would have bought it, but it just didn't compare to my 2006 GT. So I waited and ordered a 2011 GT. It's a much better car in every aspect as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry guys but this is a free country and I have been a Chevy guy since I could change oil (22 years). I know I am going to take a beating on this but the only reason I have the stang is cause the Camaro I wanted was sold 2 hours before I went to pick it up. I will say that from the fact that I have got rid of 4 camaro's and kept the stang all this time is due to how it makes the girls look and how fast it is. I do miss my Camaro's though. However chevy lost me when they left us out of the lineup in 2003. That was a very stupid thing to do and it never made since to me.

But rest asured that even though I hate ford and the stupid 4.6 I am happy they finally brought the 5.0 back, And I will vote accordingly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Well aside from the fact that the 2011 Mustang 5.0 will beat the Camaro in acceleration, skidpad, track times, and handling the Camaro owes it's existence to the Mustang. Both in 1967 and in 2010. The only reason it exists is to try and get some of the profitable success off the Mustang. They had about 8 years to get it right with their new one and guess what... The new Mustang will dominate it in every category.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Voted mustang all the way. Theres a guy I work with and hes got a new camaro. I asked him about the visibility from inside the car and he says its a pain sometimes with the little back window and the door being so tall.

That sites got some nice shirts. Might need to get a couple of those.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I work with a guy that is a huge Camaro fan and has a new one. I said I hear the visibility sucks and he didn't hesitate to agree. He is still loves his car though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have always been a Camaro fan; however, both the Camaro and Mustang lacked during my formative years. My uncle had a 1981 Camaro that he pretty much gave away when he moved to England. It didn't help that he later said I should have given it to you (I was about 10 at the time). When Chevy announced that they would be producing the Camaro again I was ready to buy. I liked the throwback to some elements of the 69. I drove one about the same time as news of the 2011 Mustang started to come out. I liked the Camaro but decided to wait on the 2011 Mustang just to see. Hands down the Mustang beat it in every category from interior design, exterior design, available options/price, and overall driving experience. I never thought I'd own a Mustang, but after driving both there was no contest.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My father was in the car business for over 40 years, GM Dealer, Member of the Legion of Leaders (Top 10% of the salesmen who sell 90% of the cars) and also a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury General Manager. He tells me to buy a Ford. He owns a Ford now. For me, I will ALWAYS own a Mustang, hands down, even IF they'll ever be beat. No way I'll ever go the Bowtie side of the Force lol....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mustang all the way, been a Ford man all my life, wouldn't have any other car, besides the Camaro is so ugly it hurts my eyes

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Imagine that, on a Crapmaro site, the Crapmaro is winning...

I wonder how many mullets are sported there?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My first car was a 1965 Mustang, my second, a 1966 Mustang. My third car was a 1970 1/2 Z28. My 2006 GT is the first Mustang I'v owned since 1977. Had GM made a Camaro comparable to the stang, I would have bought it. Not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy. I gave a guy in an SS the thumbs up the other day. I flip off the idiots that buy Japanese and German cars. That's the enemy, talk about a HUGE transfer in wealth!!! Like Donald Trump says jokingly, if we quit buying Japanase and Chinese products, they won't have the money to lone us! As for German cars, they are the most over-priced cars on the market today. Period. And they don't hold value, the average asking price of a 2006 M3 is 35K, the Mustang GT is 20k (count=1,247). 2001 M3 is 13K, 2001 Mustang is 11k. Look at the original prices and you do the math.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The M3 is has always been, until now with the new 5.0L and the aluminum 5.4L Shelby's, in a completely different level of performance and the price reflects that. Im interested to see just how much these new Mustang and Cobra's can stir up the norms and expectations of the industry. Its already being compared to M3 standards and beyond... and thats saying a heck of a lot especially for an American car and especially starting under 30k.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The M3 is has always been, until now with the new 5.0L and the aluminum 5.4L Shelby's, in a completely different level of performance and the price reflects that. Im interested to see just how much these new Mustang and Cobra's can stir up the norms and expectations of the industry. Its already being compared to M3 standards and beyond... and thats saying a heck of a lot especially for an American car and especially starting under 30k.
You give the M3 WAY TOO credit. It has lost the Grand AM championship 3 times in the last 5 years to a......... Mustang. If you were going to spend 65k on a car, would it really be an M3? Great car, but WAY overpriced!! And they sure don't hold the value, I've checked. As for "has always been", you'll make some cobra owners (nicknamed 'M3 killers') laugh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You give the M3 WAY TOO credit. It has lost the Grand AM championship 3 times in the last 5 years to a......... Mustang. If you were going to spend 65k on a car, would it really be an M3? Great car, but WAY overpriced!! And they sure don't hold the value, I've checked. As for "has always been", you'll make some cobra owners (nicknamed 'M3 killers') laugh.
Not all the same parts are used on race cars as production cars. My BMW out drove my camaro and mustang with no troubles. They cant compare. For sure the bmw is a much more solid car. This is why it sells for more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My father was in the car business for over 40 years, GM Dealer, Member of the Legion of Leaders (Top 10% of the salesmen who sell 90% of the cars) and also a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury General Manager. He tells me to buy a Ford. He owns a Ford now. For me, I will ALWAYS own a Mustang, hands down, even IF they'll ever be beat. No way I'll ever go the Bowtie side of the Force lol....
My Grandfather worked for gm as a painter and he drove mostly fords. When he got older he drove gm for the discount. But I think it has a lot to do with where u work and the things you see rather then what you cant see. I am sure if he worked at ford he would have drove gm.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My first car was a 1965 Mustang, my second, a 1966 Mustang. My third car was a 1970 1/2 Z28. My 2006 GT is the first Mustang I'v owned since 1977. Had GM made a Camaro comparable to the stang, I would have bought it. Not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy. I gave a guy in an SS the thumbs up the other day. I flip off the idiots that buy Japanese and German cars. That's the enemy, talk about a HUGE transfer in wealth!!! Like Donald Trump says jokingly, if we quit buying Japanase and Chinese products, they won't have the money to lone us! As for German cars, they are the most over-priced cars on the market today. Period. And they don't hold value, the average asking price of a 2006 M3 is 35K, the Mustang GT is 20k (count=1,247). 2001 M3 is 13K, 2001 Mustang is 11k. Look at the original prices and you do the math.
Man.. you've gotta get out more. Even though I'm buying a mustang... it won't touch my bimmer at the track... not a chance. Two different types of machines.. both great cars, but different worlds. And why would you flip someone off driving a bimmer? That's odd.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Man.. you've gotta get out more. Even though I'm buying a mustang... it won't touch my bimmer at the track... not a chance. Two different types of machines.. both great cars, but different worlds. And why would you flip someone off driving a bimmer? That's odd.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Idiot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.