Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had new tires and rims installed today. " TIRE SHOP " owner states I need new shocks and new casters .... I can see the shocks are leaking , but the ride seems smooth still. Anyone know how to read these figures ? I don't want to ruin new tires, but sure don't want to spend money for something I don't really need .
Font Parallel Rectangle Schematic Diagram

·
Hands
318 Posts
Had new tires and rims installed today. " TIRE SHOP " owner states I need new shocks and new casters .... I can see the shocks are leaking , but the ride seems smooth still. Anyone know how to read these figures ? I don't want to ruin new tires, but sure don't want to spend money for something I don't really need . View attachment 783467
New "CASTERS"?? There is no such thing as casters in use on front suspension. "Caster" is a measurement of the ANGLE formed by the TURNING AXIS of the steering knuckle. Caster is the reason steering wheels tend to return to straight-ahead after executing a turn.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I'm surprised he didn't try to sell you synthetic blinker fluid.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Had new tires and rims installed today. " TIRE SHOP " owner states I need new shocks and new casters .... I can see the shocks are leaking , but the ride seems smooth still. Anyone know how to read these figures ? I don't want to ruin new tires, but sure don't want to spend money for something I don't really need . View attachment 783467
The readings look ok to me, the caster reading on the left is a little higher than the right but the more negative camber on the right makes up for it. Although it's slightly beyond spec, as long as you're faithful at rotating your tires, tire wear should be fine. This should track down the road fairly straight if you were to let go of the wheel. If it drifts to the right when you let go then you may need camber/caster plates to make the caster adjustment if available for your vehicle

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
yeah doesn't look bad to me either

is the car lowered?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts