Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fairly new to the 5.0 scene.Im doing some front end work on a customers 88 convertible, tie rod ends ,control arms ,etc.I recommended using adj. camber/caster plates anticipating doing an alignment.I purchased the BBK stuff and hav'nt installed it yet.I know there are a few options in this department,steeda,ford mosport,etc.This is a mildly driven street car.Will the BBK stuff be sufficient for this application?Any recomendations/experiences with this product would be greatly appreciated.

thanx,justin

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
They arent needed unless your car is lowered.... even then it's not always needed.

I am running Steeda plates and they work great. You might as well change the struts while you are in there.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Stock CC plates Suck and should be changed out even if you dont lower your car because they wont let the wheel stay aligned during hard cornering or even going over bumps. Maximum Motorsports really has quality stuff and should be something you look into if you plan on keeping your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what Im getting at is, will the bbk stuff I already purchased be ok or should I go through the trouble of sending it back and purchasing another brand?

i

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I'd keep it and use it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I dont know the quality on BBK as I have Maximum Motorsports stuff on mine, if their stuff is anything close you should be ok.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've had two 87 coupes (both with the Eibach Pro-Kit) and I've used the BBK plates and the Steeda plates....both seem to be fairly good choices as I haven't had any problems with either. I would have to say that the Steeda plate is a little bit easier to adjust than the BBK plate. In my opinion, you should be pretty good keeping the ones you have :winks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.