Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I haven’t been on the mustang scene in many years thanks to an innless that nearly shut me down but im back and slower than ever lol but I have a question on my 85 ford 302 block came with flat tappet lifters and I was wondering it would be worth the time to convert it to a roller lifter setup im running a freshly rebuilt stock bottom end with Keith black pistons making 9.1 compression and cast iron gt40 heads 1.90,1.60 valves and I just don’t like the cam that I have in it at the moment looking for suggestions I want a lumpy ldle like I had with my old alphabet cam E or F series but I know there are many cams out now that are better with there dual patterns what sounds good guys? Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Comp has good cams. No the swap to roller is not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that’s what I was thinking about the swap it’s a big expense what do you suggest? And I have still have the pedestal mount rockers will that be an issue? Looking at my cam specs now I am running them with a .520 lift cam and they seem to be fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to go with a lunati bracket master 2 cam im heading down to the shop now to start the swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts