Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend just got a grand prix gt now before he got that out of all my friends i had the fastest and nicest ride...i still have the nicest after all its a mustang but we dont know if i can take him...i dont think i can he has about 47 hp more than me but he is alot heavier ....i dont want to get embarresed so what do u all think:confused:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
if your a good driver yes, if he has an auto hell yes, if your a bad driver and he still has an auto yes. If your a bad driver and hes a good driver.... you know where Im going. Since he just got the Car he dosent know how to handle it yet, and the shift points if it is a manual, so Im guessing yes.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
raliesportslayr said:
my friend just got a grand prix gt now before he got that out of all my friends i had the fastest and nicest ride...i still have the nicest after all its a mustang but we dont know if i can take him...i dont think i can he has about 47 hp more than me but he is alot heavier ....i dont want to get embarresed so what do u all think:confused:
yeah, Jasmine had one, and she couldn't keep up. She's got a Volvo T5 AWD now, so I chipped my car to ensure my supremacy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Grand Prix GT is just a 3.8L V6 rated at about 200HP, but you have the edge in torque since the GP is a front-drive car. Now if he has a GTP, that sucker is supercharged and rated at about 240-250HP with torque to match, so you'd lose that one most likely.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
HadAStang said:
The Grand Prix GT is just a 3.8L V6 rated at about 200HP, but you have the edge in torque since the GP is a front-drive car. Now if he has a GTP, that sucker is supercharged and rated at about 240-250HP with torque to match, so you'd lose that one most likely.
nah, it's HEAVY.

It'd be close.

But that thing weighs 600lbs more than the Mustang, min.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it supercharged he says he has about 240....soo i dont htink i can take him...some say yes some say no some one give me a straight answer as far as i know its a auto tranny

:eyebulge:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I took a GTP before I had alot of my mods done, they may be Supercharged but there slow as hell.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
raliesportslayr said:
yeah it supercharged he says he has about 240....soo i dont htink i can take him...some say yes some say no some one give me a straight answer as far as i know its a auto tranny

:eyebulge:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Obtained from MT December, 1999
0-60:
Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

he can beat you to 60 but it's a drivers race after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kscoyote said:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Obtained from MT December, 1999
0-60:
Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

he can beat you to 60 but it's a drivers race after that.
so i have a chance on taking him....ok

·
Registered
35 Posts
i raced a GTP before .... we were close but after 65 70 i started to pull away also they do not have GTP's as manual all are automatic ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.