Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 302 motor is dead.. so I'm looking to go for a 351. However ford racing no longer makes the M6007J58 or M6007S58. So the next best thing for the price is the M6007D392RT stroker. It's a beast of an engine 430hp/450tq but it's going for $6,600... which I'll do if I have to.

I would love to have a car that can actually pass ca smog sniff test so I would think the S58 or J58 is my best bet.. But they are no where to be found!! anyone know where I can find one?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links, the only problem is that the other 351 options out there are generally strokers for alot more. The M6007J58 goes for $2399.95 as a COMPLETE engine and the M6007S58 goes for $2684.95. But Since ford racing doesn't supply these engines anymore, I didn't seem like I can find them anywhere. :(

I may be able to find a 351 Block at the links above, but not a complete engine for the prices listed above.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Well that's true. You could save a lot of money by building it yourself too, get a 351 block and rotating assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could always go for a jasper replacement engine.....
That actually may be a good idea. Looks like they have a better warranty and a stock 351 using my aftermarket parts (cold air intake, cobra intake/fuel injectors) should produce some respectable power.. essentially a 1995 cobra R. And I would have a MUCH better chance of having it pass smog then the 392 strokers that ford racing is selling... and hopefully alot cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.