Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this muffler? It was given to me to see if it would fit my '06, but it appears to have the 2011 mount. Also, the exhaust tip is rounded, so it doesn't appear to be a normal GT muffler. Any info is appreciated!

Also, this is my first time posting in the forums! My apologies for not introducing myself. I plan to post some pictures of my ride once I have it looking nice.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
It looks like the GT OEM 11 & 12 muffler. I replaced my OEMs with the GT500 mufflers and your pic looks exactly like what I removed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
normal GT muffler off a manual transmission car, the GT mufflers do have rolled tip edges and 2011 went to the flared ends where it clamps to the axle pipes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It would make sense to be from a standard G, I just wasn't sure. The muffler is a takeoff from a company that makes custom mustangs, similar to what Roush or Saleen does.

Since the muffler won't fit my car, I may try selling it. Will a 2011 GT takeoff fit a 2011 V6?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since the muffler won't fit my car, I may try selling it. Will a 2011 GT takeoff fit a 2011 V6?
Not a direct replacement
the flared ends are not the same as on V6 cars, they have a non-flared end and the tubing that connects to the over-axle pipes is 2.75 inches on GTs and 2.5 inches on V6s

·
Registered
589 Posts
No, you have to have a muffler shop mod the inlet pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, well maybe someone will care to buy a cheap GT takeoff for their V6, even if some modification is required :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts