Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night this guy was saying he could beat any 4.6 stang that doesn't have a blower. He has a 2000 F 150 extended cab, flare side, 4X4. Its got the 5.4, exhaust, and a chip that he won't shut up about. It was rainy last night so I wasn't gonna try it. He says he will just put it in 4 wheel low and smoke me, blah, blah, blah. I want him to come to the track, but he says he doesn't have time beacause he just bought a boat, blah, blah, blah. I told him that there is only 2 fast trucks, the Lightning, and that new Dodge. What do you guys think...

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
That guy is a loser!
I know a guy just like that ,with a `03 X-cab Silverado , he also thinks he can beat any Mustang, I ask him to go to the track one night when I was going ,and he said I dont take my truck to the track!:confused: .
He said he could blow me away with no problem, and that he Pulls away from his friends 96 vette! and this guy is Serious he really thinks this ****!
His truck has flows and a chip ,thats it! Loser!

Remember guys like that always can blow everybody away ,just because thay have a chip and exhaust, and when thay do lose there always an excuse!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i had a 87 K5 Blazer 350ci 4x4... yea i put it in 4 low and ill smoke you .... for about 20 feet until i am redlining in last gear. you gain alot of torque loose all topend lol
hes full of crap

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I should win but what if he jumps the gun and leaves the line in 4 wheel low? Will I be able to pull past him? I talked so much **** about it i don't want to get punked by a 4X4. I am going to continue to talk until he will race. I really want to do it at the track (to have the time slip) but I guess the street will work too.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
with 4low he will have a top speed of max 45... putting a car on 4low has a incredible low gear ratio... now if you two are going to play tug of war then id back down. my 87 K5 had 373s in the back.. i could smoke most 4bangers and some low HP 6's but no V8s....first of all you have a weight of about 3500lbs not 4500lbs, and now.... even if he was on 4hi he still couldnt win unless he has some incredible HP that being on 4x4mode will allow him not to spinout.

I would have lost in my K5, i had 300hp with 350torque...... with a auto too so no spinning worries, and i wouldnt talk that much **** unless i knew what i could do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only way 4W Low could help in a drag race would be if you're racing in mud...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
dollarbill said:
Last night this guy was saying he could beat any 4.6 stang that doesn't have a blower. He has a 2000 F 150 extended cab, flare side, 4X4. Its got the 5.4, exhaust, and a chip that he won't shut up about. It was rainy last night so I wasn't gonna try it. He says he will just put it in 4 wheel low and smoke me, blah, blah, blah. I want him to come to the track, but he says he doesn't have time beacause he just bought a boat, blah, blah, blah. I told him that there is only 2 fast trucks, the Lightning, and that new Dodge. What do you guys think...
heh-heh!

He's gonna put it in LOW!

You may want to consider pink slips for this one!!!

:shocked: :eyebulge: :heha: :gringreen :kooky:

·
Registered
316 Posts
My dad has a 2004 Ford F-150 (the 5.4 Triton) FX4 edition with new exhaust and the Superchip on "Performance Mode". And my signature below represents all mod's done to my car. Only ones being performance wise are the Flow's. Me and him have raced and he doesn't stand a chance. The dude is full of it:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope to see him again soon and egg him on. He should get me oof the line but I am gonna really love blowing past him! I just hope he will go the track so I can mock his times against mine. I'll post again if it happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my buddy has a 01 silverado and i have some minor mods, 373's k&n filter replacment and a diablo chip............. he didnt stand a chance so i think your pretty safe.... i dont know what it is about ford truck owners... alot of em think they have the fastest thing in the world.....i work with a guy that has a 01 f250 lifted 8 inches with some 38" super swampers on it and he thinks he can smoke me.......what the funk ever.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
dollarbill said:
I hope to see him again soon and egg him on. He should get me oof the line but I am gonna really love blowing past him! I just hope he will go the track so I can mock his times against mine. I'll post again if it happens.
Maybe you should race him in reverse to make it close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
He might grab you out of the hole , but in about i dont know 2 seconds or so just wave at him as driving past

·
Registered
353 Posts
Tell him to put up, or shut up. Give him directions to the track, and a time to meet you there. If he throws an excuse, then tell him to shut up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dad's silverado 6.6 turbo diesel hauls pretty decent ass for a huge truck, it can run about the same as a 99-04 GT if he gets an intake and exhaust to make it breathe better, its regulated to 310 horses, but hes got a chip that takes him up to 460 except his car can't even use all that power cause stock it doesn't breathe that great.

And hes got a friend of a friend with a dodge turbo diesel that worked on the fuel ports to make it deliver more fuel every time it squirts, apparently very few engines can handle that kind of upgrade, but the truck runs 11s all day. Few mustangs can touch that. And its not even the SRT-10 which can also rape just about any mustang, bone stock.

A lot of you are underestimating trucks, most are slower than stangs stock, but they are capable of tremendous amounts of power. and btw the only F-150 worth anything is the lightning.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Hey wsisking read the guys original messenge i at least am not saying all trucks.. i would love a Lightning or a SRT10 or a joe gibbs silverado S/Ced but the guy has 5.4L with exhaust and chip.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't think anybody underestimating trucks, just the one in question of the thread starter...pertaining to this guys F-150 that has a 5.4L exhaust/chip that can beat any 4.6L minus a blower.

·
Registered
436 Posts
run him on the street and smoke his ass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.